|Private Treaty Sales|
|The ORC Newsletter|
1955 XK140 FHC SE RHD
This is a rare home market SE (Special Equipment) model of the XK140 FHC. Special Equipment cars featured C-Type Head; Close Ratio Gearbox; Dual Exhausts; and Wire Wheels and very few were reserved for the UK customers. This, together with its high specification, may have given rise to the belief that the first owner was none other than Duncan Hamilton. It is well know that the Factory set aside cars for VIPs and Works drivers, and the fact that the first owner's name is not recorded on the Jaguar Heritage Certificate has added to the speculation, but as yet it has not yet been firmly established, nor disproved, that Duncan Hamiton was that first owner.
However, what is well-documented is that this XK140 was owned for nearly a decade by a former Chairman of the Historic Grand Prix Car Association (HGPCA), Julian Sutton. During his ownership, from 2002-2010, he added to the considerable Competition Mods already carried out by a previous owner, by commissioning respected Jaguar specialist Ian Nuttal of IN Racing to rebuild the triple carburettor 3.8 litre engine. The specification of the car is now as a fast road/race car and is as follows:
1. Rebuilt 3.8 litre engine, with triple SU Carbs, producing 268bhp and 331 lb ft of torque, and featuring special cool-air intake and box;alloy radiator; alloy expansion tank; larger water pump and electric fan.
2. Jaguar disc brakes all round.
3. Uprated suspension with location bars and telescopic dampers.
4. Straight-through Stainless Steel Exhaust.
5. Bucket seats with full racing harness.
6. New Chrome Wire wheels with Dunlop Racing Tyres.
7. Locking Le Mans filler fuel cap.
8. Tow-hook; fire extinguisher and electric choke.
9. Removal of heavy bumpers and addition of racing louvres to bonnet